Guided Bike Tours
Starting every Sunday, enjoy the best of Burgundy! From Dijon, down through the Cote de Beaune and Cote de Nuits, finishing in Chalon sur Saône. The best wine tour ever!
Want to experience Tuscany by riding the famous Strade Bianche (white roads)? We are now offering a guided Tuscany offroad & gravel bike tours in a fashion very similar to our self guided tours – YOU name the dates of the tour.
Want to see more of Tuscany than what regular paved roads will show you? We are now offering a guided Tuscany mountain bike tours in a fashion very similar to our self guided tours – YOU name the dates of the tour.
This is a fine example of a tour that we can customize for you and your group. Enjoy the best of the Dordogne and Lot departments: pre-history sites, Rocamadour, foie gras, the best wines, and beautiful quiet roads. Ask about how we can create this guided tour for you!
This is a fine example of a tour that we can customize for you and your group. Traverse the French Pyrenees. From the Atlantic to the Mediterranean, you’ll experience the best of the Pyrenees and conquer the famous cols of the region including the Tourmalet, Aubisque, and Aspin.
For those looking for a more hands-on and supported cycling experience or adventurous riders looking to test their personal limits, our guided bike tours let our guests ride with the confidence of having a guide with you at all times. Following world-class riding routes, we deliver exhilarating experiences that each rider can complete successfully, at their own pace, and with the help of our seasoned guides.
Beyond time in the saddle, clients enjoy hand-selected experiences that reveal the extraordinary beauty and authentic culture of each region. Our tours achieve “structure without schedule,” striking a balance between showcasing the best each destination has to offer and letting guests explore on their own. Though daily itineraries are the same, rigid schedules are not enforced. Our tours are set up to be rich in experience without being overly intimidating.
Our Guided Bike Tours include the Tour de France Tour (operated most years), our Guided Tour in Normandy, and other private custom tours requested by groups of guests. Examples are the RAID Pyrenees and guided Dordogne Tours.
We can also organize custom guided road and mountain bike tours in Tuscany, and Burgundy, as well as Mountain Bike Tours in beautiful Western North Carolina (near Asheville). Please contact us for more information and to request a custom tour!
The Outfitter Tours Difference
We distinguish ourselves from others in our space by crafting robust, satisfying experiences that keep clients coming back.
- Small group tours. With an average tour size of 12 and a maximum of 18, our guests enjoy the social intimacy of a small group and the benefits of individual attention from our staff. Without the hustle and bustle of being herded from one place to the next, our guests find space to relax.
- Local, full-service staff. We work only with local guides who are native speakers of the language and intimately familiar with the region. In addition to terrain guides, each tour will bring one or more mechanics, maintaining a guide to client ratio of 1:5 or better.
- Unparalleled pricing. With higher quality and lower prices than outfits with comparable itineraries, our value can’t be beaten. Longstanding relationships with service providers in destination regions position us to offer great pricing, which we pass on to our guests.
- Family-owned since 1996. With hundreds of tours, more than a thousand satisfied clients from all over the world, and scores of positive reviews and testimonials to our credit, we are a proven outfit with a long track record of excellent results.
- One of the highest repeat/return rates in the industry. Many of our clients enjoy our tours so much that they choose to ride with us again and again. Our referral and rewards programs are designed to thank repeat customers for their business.
2016 Tour de France Tour
North Carolina Mountain Bike Tours
2016 Levi's Gran Fondo Tour
Tuscany Mountain Bike Adventures
WHAT OUR GUESTS SAY
“The support was incredible – so nice to have a car on the route for water, and so we did not have to lug gear for weather changes. With all the elevation, this was comforting. Exceptional mechanical support. We did not expect this kind of on-road support!”
I always had an idea that I wanted to go see the Tour de France once in my life. Well, I have now gone on three TdF trips with Outfitter Bicycle Tours as the experience was that good. Jamie and Joy’s low key, friendly and flexible approach made riding in the Alps an amazing experience. They did a great job of helping me determine what would maximize my experience. If I wanted an easier day, they h… Read more
“WOW! WHAT AN INCREDIBLE ADVENTURE!!! Jamie and Joy Gilpin – along with their staff members – created one of the most memorable bike adventures we’ve ever experienced. My husband and I have had the very good fortune of biking all over the world, which should underscore how well planned and organized Outfitter Bicycle Tours is! Every detail was considered, from the exceptional accommodations at eve… Read more
“We thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of this tour – well thought out bike routes, very good hotel accommodations (nice, clean rooms and substantial breakfasts), and excellent choice of breweries and brewery restaurants (including brewery tours when available). It was obvious that a great deal of attention to detail had been given to this tour and customer service and client satisfaction was of ut… Read more
“The team at the Outfitter Bicycle Tours put together an amazing holiday that I’ll never forget. We had great places to stay/eat and we were always in the thick of the action. The tour rides catered for riders of all levels and we somehow managed to visit my favourite team on a tour ride! I’ll be back to do it all again soon.”
“I was able to watch Tour de France action when I wanted and ride the beautiful roads and passes of France when I wanted, and the flexibility to do either was what I most appreciated. Conquering Mont Ventoux, Col d Galibier, Col d Semnoz, Col d Serene, Alpe de Huez, riding alongside Andy Schleck and Jens Voigt on their rest day, and 40+ mph descents that went on for miles are just some of the hi… Read more