Looking to explore the rich history of Normandy on a bike tour?
Dates: Contact us for tour dates!
Length: 8 days, 7 nights (with an option to extend one night)
Service: Fully supported guided tour.
Type of riding: Rolling to flat terrain.
Bikes suggested: Road bikes, e-bikes, or hybrids
Average daily riding: 45km with options to extend
Meals: Includes 7 breakfasts and 4 gourmet dinners. If you add on an extra night at Le Mont it adds 1 breakfast and 1 night.
Start city: Le Havre
Finish city: Mont St-Michel
Suggested transport: Train from anywhere.
- Type – Giant Defy Composite
- Sizes – XS, S, M, ML, L,and XL
- Components – Mixture of Shimano 105 and Ultegra with either triple or compact double cranksets. Many have road-disc brakes.
Hybrid Bikes: Our rental hybrid bikes are a relaxed style with flat handlebars.
- Type – Giant Escape
- Sizes – XS, S, M, L, and XL
- Components – Mixture of Shimano road and mountain components with either triple cranksets.
eBikes: These semi-powered bikes allow for non riders to share the experience with their friends and family who are stronger cyclists.
During the registration process you will be asked for specifics to have the correct sized bike waiting for you. We can supply any number styles of pedals – SPD, SPD-r, flat, Speedplay, Look, etc.
- OBT cycling jersey
- All hotel accommodations
- Luggage transfers from hotel to hotel
- Meals as explained in the tour itinerary pages.
- Detailed route notes, maps, and tourist information
- Outstanding routing instructions for all rides! This includes GPS course downloads for your GPS unit, traditional cue sheet, and written prose describing each turn and the surrounding area. These methods are then supported by a road map.
- Your personal guides, helping you with support vehicles. On-road support will always be near. From greeting guests when they arrive, to handling luggage transfers, mechanical issues, etc – our guides assist guests in every way. They also set you up on your rental bikes, and can help with routing, and any other questions.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Transportation to the start location and from and Paris
- Bikes, but we have rental bikes available
- Travel and Health Insurance
- Admission to sightseeing venues, unless explicitly mentioned as included.
- Double Occupancy: US$2,996
- Single Occupancy: US$3,591
- 8th Night Add-On: US$340
Bike Rental Per Person:
- Road Bike: US$XXX
- eBike: US$XXX
- Hybrid: US$375
Welcome to Le Havre! We will pick you up from the train station and take you over the beautiful Pont de Normandie to your first hotel in the heart of Honfleur**, a Michelin 2 Star site. Once you arrive at the hotel, relax and enjoy the afternoon. The Old Town is located around a small beautiful harbor near our hotel. Some exploration is suggested. If time allows we will start fitting bicycles. The Welcome Dinner is included at the hotel or nearby.
After breakfast, we will finish fitting bicycles and have a short route for you to check it out and make any adjustments needed. We suggest taking the Old Town** Walking Tour. Dinner is on your own tonight and there are many wonderful options, including a Michelin 2 Star, “Sa Qua Na”, within walking distance.
After breakfast, you head out of Honfleur with several interesting sites to visit along your way. Use your GG. You shortly have a climb and over the hill to the beach towns of Trouville and Deauville. You then continue southwest along the Atlantic Coast to Cabourg, to your Casino Hotel, right on the beach. The hotel restaurant is closed on Tuesday so Dinner is on our own tonight. We have two nearby options suggested by the hotel.
It is a lovely ride mostly along the ocean to the Orne River. You follow the Orne inland toward Caen to the Pegasus Bridge* and Memorial for a visit and possibly lunch. Then across the bridge and then right and back to the ocean where you will pass Sword, Juno and Gold Invasion Beaches on your way to Bayeux. At Gold Beach, you turn inland direction Bayeux**. Your hotel is in the center of this lovely small city. It is the only city in the invasion area not to be destroyed as were Caen and others, sparing its cathedral and other buildings for us to view today. Settle in for 2 nights. Dinner is at our hotel tonight.
We will take an extensive walking tour, making it a full day. There are many good places for lunch and dinner is on your own tonight.
You head back to the coast to Arromanches 360 and the Movie in the Round of Normandy then (D-Day) and now, very moving. Then on to Omaha Beach and the American Cemetery. Our very popular hotel is on the edge of Port-en- Bessin and dinner is included tonight.
We leave the bicycles behind and van to Le Mont St-Michel. Our final hotel is on Le Mont. We should arrive by early afternoon after an optional visit of Utah Beach and St-Marie du Mont, or late morning if we skip the visit and head directly to Mont-St-Michel. We park at the foot of Le Mont and walk up to our hotel with our baggage. Our farewell dinner is at the hotel’s excellent restaurant and is included tonight.
Breakfast is at the hotel and will include their famous Omelets. We will take you by van to the train for Paris in Rennes. You should be in Paris by early afternoon. If you extend for a 2nd night at Le Mont, you would depart on Sunday, 29 September.