2024 Giro d’Italia Tours
Looking to experience the excitement in Italy in May 2024?!
Join OBT on our Giro d’Italia Tours!
Join us in May 2024 for amazing riding and racing! We welcome riders of all levels and non-riders on our Giro d’Italia vacation packages. Past guests include fans from Australia, Canada, Mexico, and the United States. You won’t find a better value for Giro d’Italia spectator tours. Our Giro d’Italia Tours ensure that everyone is included and has an experience of a lifetime!
Our 2024 Giro d’Italia tour will be very special, with at least 4 stage viewings and several days of riding in the Piedmonte Region or Italy. We will see the first 4 stages of the Giro d’Italia. See the full itinerary below.
What can you expect from our Giro d’Italia Tours?
- Included are all accommodations, which are located in prime locations for race viewing. All breakfasts and most dinners are included. In addition, all luggage transfers, road support, detailed route notes, maps and GPS courses, an OBT cycling jersey, and our special OBT hospitality are included!
- All of our favorite hotels are 3 & 4-star located in prime locations for race viewing. The food is delicious and the views are stunning.
- With your registration, you receive an OBT jersey plus other complementary schwag.
Join us on our Giro d’Italia Tours!
See the full itinerary below.
- Dates: May 3 to 10, 2024
- Length: 8 days, 7 nights
- Service: Fully supported guided tour
- Type of riding: Varied – Mostly rolling terrain with one large climb.
- Bikes available to rent: Road bikes e-bikes, or hybrids.
- Average daily riding: From 20 miles/30km to 60 miles/100km with an average of 40 miles/65km. We always have extensions available for those wanting more challenging riding!
- Start city: Turin
- Finish city: Turin
- Suggested transport: Arrive by train or plane to Turin. Depart from Turin the same way.
- Sizes – XS to XXL
- Components – Shimano 105, hydraulic disc, compact double cranksets.
Hybrid Bikes: Our rental hybrid bikes are a relaxed style with flat handlebars.
- Type – Hybrid (Aluminum)
- Sizes – XS to XL
- Components – Mixture of Shimano road and mountain components with either triple cranksets.
- Type – Electric assist eBikes
- Sizes – S to XL
- Components – Mixture of Shimano Acera and Deore.
During the registration process, you will be asked for specifics to have the correct sized bike waiting for you. We can supply any number of styles of pedals – SPD, SPD-r, flat, Speedplay, Look, etc.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- OBT cycling jersey
- Complementary performance food for personal fueling and hydration
- All hotel accommodations
- Luggage transfers from hotel to hotel
- Meals as explained in the tour itinerary pages.
- Detailed route notes, maps, and tourist information
- Outstanding routing instructions for all rides! This includes GPS course downloads for your GPS unit, traditional cue sheet, and written prose describing each turn and the surrounding area. These methods are then supported by a roadmap.
- Your personal guides, helping you with support vehicles. On-road support will always be near. From greeting guests when they arrive to handling luggage transfers, mechanical issues, etc – our guides assist guests in every way. They also set you up on your rental bikes and can help with routing, and any other questions.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Transportation to and from the start and finish locations
- Bikes, but we have rental bikes available
- Travel and Health Insurance
- Admission to sightseeing venues, unless explicitly mentioned as included
Tour Cost Per Person:
- Double Occupancy: US$3,295
- Single Occupancy: US$3,995
Bike Rental Per Person:
- Road Bike: US$395
- eBike: US$395
- Hybrid: US$325
What’s Next? Registering for your tour!
- Questions: First, please feel free to ask us any questions about the tour. We are happy to help clarify any details.
- Registration: Once you are ready to register please go to https://outfittertours.com/registration/ and complete the registration form. At the beginning of the form choose “Guided” then “2024 Giro d’Italia Tour” from the first two drop-down boxes. EACH tour participant will need to complete the form. At the end of the registration for you will be asked for a US$800 deposit. You can pay the deposit by bank check, wire, or credit card. Once we have all registrations we will secure all of the details of your tour – hotels, bikes, etc.
- Final Payment: 60 days prior to your tour we will invoice you for the balance of the tour.
- Tour Packet Delivery: Once the balance is paid and approximately 30 days before your tour we will send you a complete tour packet containing all details of your tour – accommodation information, detailed routing, a suggested packing list, maps, tourist guide, and much much more! For more information on our Terms & Conditions please CLICK HERE.
Day 1: May 3rd – Friday – Welcome to Turin!
We will pick you up at the train station or airport and take you to our hotel in the center of Turin. If you arrive early enough we can go to the team introductions. Your welcome dinner is included.
Day 2: May 4th – Saturday – Stage 1 Viewing and Sightseeing
We will spend the morning either going on a short bike ride or going to some sites in Turin. The stage finishes near the center of town, and we will be there. Immediately after the stage we’ll load into the vans and transfer to Santuario di Oropa, where we will have dinner (included) and prepare for the big mountain top stage finish tomorrow. Our hotel is at Stage 2’s finish!
Day 3: May 5th – Sunday – Stage 2 at Santuario di Oropa
With the big stage finish later in the afternoon, we’ll have plenty of opportunity to preview the climb and go for a ride in the area. We’ll pick a good spot either at the finish or somewhere along the mountain to spectate the big stage! Dinner is included at the hotel, which is very near the stage finish.
Day 4: May 6th – Monday – Stage 3 Viewing & Transfer Barolo
Today’s stage is one for the sprinters; starting in Novara and finishing in Fossano. Our next hotel is in Barolo, only 25km from the finish. We’ll do a ride in the area and end up at the finish in Fossano. Dinner is at the hotel after the stage finish!
Day 5: May 7th – Tuesday – Stage 4 Viewing
Rather than go to the start or finish of today’s stage, we’ll head to the main climb of the day: Colle Del Melongo. After a 70km ride, we’ll watch them pass then head back to Barolo for dinner.
Day 6: May 8th – Wednesday – Barolo Loop Ride & Cooking Class
Today and tomorrow are dedicated to relaxing and enjoying the area. We’ll enjoy a cooking class today after a nice local loop ride.
Day 7: May 9th – Thursday – Barolo Loop Ride & Local Sightseeing
Enjoy your last pedal around the Piedmonte! This will be a beautiful ride around the best of the region. Our farewell dinner is at the hotel.
Day 8: May 10th – Friday – Arrivederci!
Departure day! We transfer you back to Turin for your next travels.! Arrivederci! We hope you enjoyed your tour with Outfitter Bicycle Tours!