2021 Tour de France Tours
Looking to experience the excitement in France in July 2021?!
Join OBT on our Tour de France Tours!
2021 will be OBT’s 21st year of offering Tour de France holidays. Join us for another year of amazing riding and racing! We welcome riders of all levels and non-riders on our Tour de France vacation packages. Past guests include TdF fans from Australia, Canada, Mexico, and the United States. You won’t find a better value for Tour de France spectator tours. Our Tour de France Tours ensure that everyone is included and has an experience of a lifetime!
Our 2021 Tour de France tour will be very special, with at least 5 stage viewings, several days in the Pyrenees & along the Dordogne River, and a TGV to Paris to witness the last stage. You’ll be able to conquer legends like the Col du Tourmalet, Luz Ardiden, and many others. See the full itinerary below.
What can you expect from our Tour de France Tours?
- Included are all accommodations, which are located in prime locations for race viewing. All breakfasts and most dinners are included. In addition, all luggage transfers, road support, detailed route notes, maps and GPS courses, an OBT cycling jersey, and our special OBT hospitality are included!
- All of our favorite hotels are 3 & 4-star located in prime locations for race viewing. The food is delicious and the views stunning.
- With your registration, you receive an OBT jersey plus you will receive a Photo Tour Book after the tour using your shared pictures.
Join us on our Tour de France Tours!
See full itinerary below.
- Dates: July 10 to 19, 2021
- Length: 10 days, 9 nights
- Service: Fully supported guided tour
- Type of riding: Varied – High mountains to rolling terrain
- Bikes available to rent: Road bikes e-bikes, or hybrids.
- Average daily riding: From 20 miles/30km to 60 miles/100km with an average of 40 miles/65km. We always have extensions available for those wanting more challenging riding!
- Start city: Perpignan
- Finish city: Paris
- Suggested transport: Train to Perpignan. Fly from Paris.
- Sizes – XS to XXL
- Components – Shimano 105, hydraulic disc, compact double cranksets.
Hybrid Bikes: Our rental hybrid bikes are a relaxed style with flat handlebars.
- Type – Hybrid (Aluminum)
- Sizes – XS to XL
- Components – Mixture of Shimano road and mountain components with either triple cranksets.
- Type – Electric assist eBikes
- Sizes – S to XL
- Components – Mixture of Shimano Acera and Deore.
During the registration process, you will be asked for specifics to have the correct sized bike waiting for you. We can supply any number of styles of pedals – SPD, SPD-r, flat, Speedplay, Look, etc.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- OBT cycling jersey
- Complementary performance food for personal fueling and hydration
- All hotel accommodations
- Luggage transfers from hotel to hotel
- Meals as explained in the tour itinerary pages.
- Detailed route notes, maps, and tourist information
- Outstanding routing instructions for all rides! This includes GPS course downloads for your GPS unit, traditional cue sheet, and written prose describing each turn and the surrounding area. These methods are then supported by a roadmap.
- Your personal guides, helping you with support vehicles. On-road support will always be near. From greeting guests when they arrive to handling luggage transfers, mechanical issues, etc – our guides assist guests in every way. They also set you up on your rental bikes and can help with routing, and any other questions.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Transportation to the start location and from Paris
- Bikes, but we have rental bikes available
- Travel and Health Insurance
- Admission to sightseeing venues, unless explicitly mentioned as included
Tour Cost Per Person:
- Double Occupancy: US$3,995
- Single Occupancy: US$4,895
Bike Rental Per Person:
- Road Bike: US$375
- eBike: US$375
- Hybrid: US$295
What’s Next? Registering for your tour!
- Questions: First, please feel free to ask us any questions about the tour. We are happy to help clarify any details.
- Registration: Once you are ready to register please go to https://outfittertours.com/registration/ and complete the registration form. At the beginning of the form choose “Guided” then “2021 Tour de France Tour” from the first two drop-down boxes. EACH tour participant will need to complete the form. At the end of the registration for you will be asked for a US$800 deposit. You can pay the deposit by bank check, wire, or credit card. Once we have all registrations we will secure all of the details of your tour – hotels, bikes, etc.
- Final Payment: 60 days prior to your tour we will invoice you for the balance of the tour.
- Tour Packet Delivery: Once the balance is paid and approximately 30 days before your tour we will send you a complete tour packet containing all details of your tour – accommodation information, detailed routing, a suggested packing list, maps, tourist guide, and much much more! For more information on our Terms & Conditions please CLICK HERE.
Day 1: July 10th – Saturday – Arrive in Perpignan and Stage Finish in Quillan
Our Tour de France tours begins in the eastern Pyrenees, just east of Perpignan. We’ve selected an outstanding hotel located immediately in between today’s stage finish and tomorrow’s stage start. We’ll meet you at the Perpignan train station and take you to our hotel. If time allows (please schedule to arrive early!!) we’ll go to Quillan for the stage finish. Contact us if you’d like to start your tour with us a day early to ensure you see today’s stage finish. Our welcome dinner is this evening after a meet-and-greet reception.
Day 2: July 11th – Sunday – Local Molitg les Bains ride and stage start in Ceret
The area where we’re staying is absolutely beautiful, and perfect for riding. Quiet roads, dry and warm weather. You can ride the 50km to the start of the race to watch the sign-ins of the riders and watch them roll out. Or you can stay local and watch the stage pass down the road from the hotel in Prades. Your choice! Dinner included at the hotel in Molitg Les Bains.
Day 3: July 12th – Monday – Rest Day Ride
The pro riders will be “taking a day off” in Andorra and we’ll enjoy another day riding in the area. Dinner is included and at our hotel in Molitg Les Bains.
Day 4: July 13th – Tuesday – Transfer to Luz-Saint-Sauveur
We will get up early for the drive to one of our favorite places in the Pyrenees – Luz-Saint-Sauveur. The village is located at the foot of some of the most amazing climbs in the region. We’ve been coming here and staying at the same hotel since 2004. The local climbs include includes the Tourmalet, Aubisque, Hautacam, and Thursday’s stage finish – Luz Ardiden. Depending on when we can get into town, we’ll kit-up and select a ride for us to enjoy. Dinner is included and at our hotel.
Day 5: July 14th – Wednesday – Local ride & Stage preview
We’ll have another day of great riding, with several climbs to choose from. Dinner is on your own in Luz-Saint-Sauveur.
Day 6: July 15th – Thursday – Stage 18 Luz Ardiden viewing
Depending on which side of the hotel you’re on, you’ll be able to see the climb the TdF will be ascending today. Get up there early and choose a great viewing spot! We’ll be there to support you. Dinner is included at the hotel in Luz-Saint-Sauveur.
Day 7: July 16th – Friday – Stage 19 Stage Start in Pau and transfer to Sainte-Foy-la-Grande
The TdF rolls out from Mourenx today for a transition to the north. On our way to Sainte-Foy-la-Grande we’ll pass through Pau and watch the riders roll out. Dinner is on your own in Sainte-Foy-la-Grande, with many options to choose from.
Day 8: July 17th – Saturday – Stage 20 – Time Trial around Libourne and Saint Emilion
We have an easy 35km ride to the stage finish in Saint Emilion. Enjoy the world-renowned vineyards of the area as we reach our goal of spectating the finish area of the time trail. Since the riders will be coming in one at a time, it’ll present a unique opportunity to see the riders up close and not rushing off to their hotels. Once the stage is complete we will head back to the hotel in Sainte-Foy-la-Grande. Our farewell dinner is included and at a restaurant in town.
Day 9: July 18th – Sunday – Transfer to Paris & Final Stage Viewing
Today we speed to Paris via train from Sainte-Foy-la-Grande to watch the final stage, including a transfer to a TGV in Libourne. The transfer is dramatic – the transition from a small city along the Dordogne River to the bustling “City of Love” will be noticeable. A morning departure will put you in the middle of the TdF party on the Champs Elysees in time for the finish. Train tickets are included in your tour fee. After the stage, walk the short distance from the Champs Elysees to our hotel. Our hotel is very central to all the sites in Paris. After the post-stage celebrations take an evening stroll along the Seine to the Eiffel Tower. Dinner is on your own in Paris.
Day 10: July 19th – Au Revoir!
Departure day! Transportation to the airport is easy from our hotel – the airport shuttle and Metro stops are nearby. Or stay in Paris for a few days. Bon voyage! We hope you enjoyed your tour with Outfitter Bicycle Tours!