Looking to experience the excitement in France in July 2020?!
Join OBT on our Tour de France Tours!
2020 will be OBT’s 20th year of offering Tour de France holidays. Join us for another year of amazing riding and racing! We welcome riders of all levels and non-riders on our Tour de France vacation packages. Past guests include TdF fans from Australia, Canada, Mexico, and the United States. You won’t find a better value for Tour de France spectator tours.
Our 2020 TdF Tour will be very special, with at least 5 stage viewings, access to the pros during their rest day, several days in the High Alps & the Jura, and a TGV to Paris to witness the last stage. You’ll be able to conquer legends like the Col du Galibier, Alpe d’Huez, La Planche des Belles Filles, and many others. See the full itinerary below.
What can you expect from our Tour de France Tours?
- Included are all accommodations, which are located in prime locations for race viewing. All breakfasts and most dinners are included. In addition, all luggage transfers, road support, detailed route notes, maps and GPS courses, an OBT cycling jersey, and our special OBT hospitality are included!
- All of our favorite hotels are 3 & 4-star located in prime locations for race viewing. The food is delicious and the views stunning.
- With your registration, you receive an OBT jersey plus you will receive a Photo Tour Book after the tour using your shared pictures.
Join us on our Tour de France Tours!
See full itinerary below.
- Dates: July 11 to 20, 2020
- Length: 10 days, 9 nights
- Service: Fully supported guided tour
- Type of riding: Varied – High mountains to rolling terrain
- Bikes available to rent: Road bikes e-bikes, or hybrids.
- Average daily riding: From 20 miles/30km to 60 miles/100km with an average of 40 miles/65km. We always have extensions available for those wanting more challenging riding!
- Start city: Grenoble
- Finish city: Paris
- Suggested transport: Train to Grenoble. Fly from Paris.
- Sizes – XS to XXL
- Components – Shimano 105, hydraulic disc, compact double cranksets.
Hybrid Bikes: Our rental hybrid bikes are a relaxed style with flat handlebars.
- Type – Hybrid (Aluminum)
- Sizes – XS to XL
- Components – Mixture of Shimano road and mountain components with either triple cranksets.
- Type – Electric assist eBikes
- Sizes – S to XL
- Components – Mixture of Shimano Acera and Deore.
During the registration process, you will be asked for specifics to have the correct sized bike waiting for you. We can supply any number of styles of pedals – SPD, SPD-r, flat, Speedplay, Look, etc.
- OBT cycling jersey
- ClifBar Products (complementary) for personal fueling and hydration
- All hotel accommodations
- Luggage transfers from hotel to hotel
- Meals as explained in the tour itinerary pages.
- Detailed route notes, maps, and tourist information
- Outstanding routing instructions for all rides! This includes GPS course downloads for your GPS unit, traditional cue sheet, and written prose describing each turn and the surrounding area. These methods are then supported by a roadmap.
- Your personal guides, helping you with support vehicles. On-road support will always be near. From greeting guests when they arrive to handling luggage transfers, mechanical issues, etc – our guides assist guests in every way. They also set you up on your rental bikes and can help with routing, and any other questions.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Transportation to the start location and from Paris
- Bikes, but we have rental bikes available
- Travel and Health Insurance
- Admission to sightseeing venues, unless explicitly mentioned as included
Tour Cost Per Person:
- Double Occupancy: US$3,895
- Single Occupancy: US$4,795
Bike Rental Per Person:
- Road Bike: US$375
- eBike: US$375
- Hybrid: US$295
What’s Next? Registering for your tour!
- Questions: First, please feel free to ask us any questions about the tour. We are happy to help clarify any details.
- Registration: Once you are ready to register please go to https://outfittertours.com/registration/ and complete the registration form. At the beginning of the form choose “Guided” then “2020 Tour de France Tour” from the first two drop down boxes. EACH tour participant will need to complete the form. At the end of the registration for you will be asked for a US$800 deposit. You can pay the deposit by bank check, wire, or credit card. Once we have all registrations we will secure all of the details of your tour – hotels, bikes, etc.
- Final Payment: 60 days prior to your tour we will invoice you for the balance of the tour.
- Tour Packet Delivery: Once the balance is paid and approximately 30 days before your tour we will send you a complete tour packet containing all details of your tour – accommodation information, detailed routing, a suggested packing list, maps, tourist guide, and much much more! For more information on our Terms & Conditions please CLICK HERE.
Day 1: July 11th – Saturday – Arrive in Grenoble
Our tour begins along the Isere River, in Grenoble. We’ll meet you at the Grenoble train station. We’ll set you up on your bikes and you can enjoy a quick afternoon spin. Our welcome dinner is this evening after a meet-and-greet reception.
Day 2: July 12th – Sunday – Local ride in Grenoble the transfer to La Grave
MORE TO COME – Ride up Villard de Lans! You will be able to preview the climb the pros will be attacking on Bastille Day. Dinner included in La Grave.
Day 3: July 13th – Monday – Rest Day Ride
The pro riders will be “taking a day off” in the Grenoble area and going for a short rest day ride. We’ve had great luck in past years being able to visit the team hotels, rub elbows with the riders and team staff, and be on the same roads with them as they go for their ride. This is a special day of seeing the riders as they catch a breath before attacking the last week of racing. We’ll jump in the vans and get to the Grenoble area for a local ride and rider hotel visits. Dinner is included and at our hotel in La Grave.
Day 4: July 14th – Tuesday – Bastille Day – Stage 16 viewing & Alpe d’Huez!
The pros will be riding Stage 16 through the Grenoble area, finishing on Villard de Lans. We’ll have a chance to witness them along the route, or you will have the option to stay in La Grave and enjoy a local ride. On the way down the mountain from La Grave to watch the stage you’ll have a chance to ride the legendary Alpe d’Huez! Dinner is included and at our hotel in La Grave.
Day 5: July 15th – Wednesday – View Stage 17 start in Grenoble. Transfer to the Jura and Malbuisson
MORE TO COME – After an optional early morning ride up the Galibier we leave La Grave and head north. View stage start in Grenoble. Dinner included in Malbuisson.
Day 6: July 16th – Thursday – Loop ride into Switzerland
MORE TO COME – Loop ride into Switzerland. Dinner included in Malbuisson.
Day 7: July 17th – Friday – Stage 19 Stage Finish in Champagnole
MORE TO COME – Ride to stage finish in Champagnole. Dinner included in Malbuisson.
Day 8: July 18th – Saturday – Stage 20 – Time Trial up La Planche Des Belles Filles
An early departure from Malbuisson will get us to La Planche Des Belles Filles in time to get up onto the mountain to spectate. See the riders push up the final climb of the TdF and competing for the final GC placings. It will be a punishing race against the clock! Once the stage is complete we will head down the mountain and spend the evening in nearby Belfort. Our farewell dinner is included and at a restaurant in Belfort.
Day 9: July 19th – Sunday – Transfer to Paris & Final Stage Viewing
Today we speed to Paris via TGV from Belfort to watch the final stage. The transfer is dramatic – the transition from a small city in the Jura to the bustling “City of Love” will be noticeable. A morning departure will put you in the middle of the TdF party on the Champs Elysees in time for the finish. Train tickets are included in your tour fee. After the stage, walk the very short distance from the Champs Elysees to our hotel. Our hotel is very central to all the sites in Paris – after the celebrations take an evening stroll along the Seine to the Eiffel Tower. Dinner is on your own in Paris.
Day 10: July 20th – Au Revoir!
Departure day! Transportation to the airport is easy from our hotel – the airport shuttle and Metro stops are nearby. Or stay in Paris for a few days. Bon voyage! We hope you enjoyed your tour with Outfitter Bicycle Tours!