2024 Tour de France Tours
Looking to experience the excitement in France in July 2024?!
Join OBT on our Tour de France Tours!
2024 will be OBT’s 24th year of offering Tour de France holidays. Join us for another year of amazing riding and racing! We welcome riders of all levels and non-riders on our Tour de France vacation packages. Past guests include TdF fans from Australia, Canada, Mexico, and the United States. You won’t find a better value for Tour de France spectator tours. Our Tour de France Tours ensure that everyone is included and has an experience of a lifetime!
Our 2024 Tour de France tour will be very special, with at least 4 stage viewings and several days of riding in the southern Alps. You’ll be able to conquer legends like Mt. Ventoux, Col de la Couillole, and many others. See the full itinerary below.
What can you expect from our Tour de France Tours?
- Included are all accommodations, which are located in prime locations for race viewing. All breakfasts and most dinners are included. In addition, all luggage transfers, road support, detailed route notes, maps and GPS courses, an OBT cycling jersey, and our special OBT hospitality are included!
- All of our favorite hotels are 3 & 4-star located in prime locations for race viewing. The food is delicious and the views are stunning.
- With your registration, you receive an OBT jersey plus other complementary schwag.
Join us on our Tour de France Tours!
See the full itinerary below.
- Dates: July 13 to 22, 2024
- Length: 10 days, 9 nights
- Service: Fully supported guided tour
- Type of riding: Varied – High mountains to rolling terrain
- Bikes available to rent: Road bikes e-bikes, or hybrids.
- Average daily riding: From 20 miles/30km to 60 miles/100km with an average of 40 miles/65km. We always have extensions available for those wanting more challenging riding!
- Start city: Sault/Avignon
- Finish city: Menton (Near Nice)
- Suggested transport: Arrive by train to Avignon from Paris or Marseilles. Depart by flying from Paris or Marseilles after taking the train from Menton.
- Sizes – XS to XXL
- Components – Shimano 105, hydraulic disc, compact double cranksets.
Hybrid Bikes: Our rental hybrid bikes are a relaxed style with flat handlebars.
- Type – Hybrid (Aluminum)
- Sizes – XS to XL
- Components – Mixture of Shimano road and mountain components with either triple cranksets.
- Type – Electric assist eBikes
- Sizes – S to XL
- Components – Mixture of Shimano Acera and Deore.
During the registration process, you will be asked for specifics to have the correct sized bike waiting for you. We can supply any number of styles of pedals – SPD, SPD-r, flat, Speedplay, Look, etc.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- OBT cycling jersey
- Complementary performance food for personal fueling and hydration
- All hotel accommodations
- Luggage transfers from hotel to hotel
- Meals as explained in the tour itinerary pages.
- Detailed route notes, maps, and tourist information
- Outstanding routing instructions for all rides! This includes GPS course downloads for your GPS unit, traditional cue sheet, and written prose describing each turn and the surrounding area. These methods are then supported by a roadmap.
- Your personal guides, helping you with support vehicles. On-road support will always be near. From greeting guests when they arrive to handling luggage transfers, mechanical issues, etc – our guides assist guests in every way. They also set you up on your rental bikes and can help with routing, and any other questions.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Transportation to and from the start and finish locations
- Bikes, but we have rental bikes available
- Travel and Health Insurance
- Admission to sightseeing venues, unless explicitly mentioned as included
Tour Cost Per Person:
- Double Occupancy: US$4,295
- Single Occupancy: US$5,195
Bike Rental Per Person:
- Road Bike: US$395
- eBike: US$395
- Hybrid: US$325
What’s Next? Registering for your tour!
- Questions: First, please feel free to ask us any questions about the tour. We are happy to help clarify any details.
- Registration: Once you are ready to register please go to https://outfittertours.com/registration/ and complete the registration form. At the beginning of the form choose “Guided” then “2024 Tour de France Tour” from the first two drop-down boxes. EACH tour participant will need to complete the form. At the end of the registration for you will be asked for a US$800 deposit. You can pay the deposit by bank check, wire, or credit card. Once we have all registrations we will secure all of the details of your tour – hotels, bikes, etc.
- Final Payment: 60 days prior to your tour we will invoice you for the balance of the tour.
- Tour Packet Delivery: Once the balance is paid and approximately 30 days before your tour we will send you a complete tour packet containing all details of your tour – accommodation information, detailed routing, a suggested packing list, maps, tourist guide, and much much more! For more information on our Terms & Conditions please CLICK HERE.
Day 1: July 13th – Saturday – Welcome to Provence!
Arrive at the Avignon train station and we will take you to our refuge just south of the “Giant of Provence”, Mt. Ventoux. We will spend the first 3 nights of the tour in Sault, a beautiful village among the blooming lavender fields. Our hotel is near the center of Sault, giving you a true feel of a rural French village. We’ll get you set up on your bikes and give you a short local riding route to enjoy if you wish. Your welcome dinner is included at the hotel this evening, and we’ll have an orientation meeting.
Day 2: July 14th – Sunday – Ride around Sault
Our Tour de France tour’s first riding day is perfect for finding your riding legs in France. Sault is known for its quiet roads away from the crowded tourist areas. We will have a hilly ride that will take you around the area and through lavender fields. We’ll also scope out a market in a local village nearby. Dinner is back at the hotel in Sault.
Day 3: July 15th – Monday – Mt. Ventoux!
Today you will have a chance to conquer the legendary Mt. Ventoux. Known as a battleground for TdF stages of years past, we will take the “easy” way up to the summit. Of the three ways up, we will take the less steep, from Sault. There will be options options with less climbing, if you wish. Dinner is on your own in Sault. There are many options around town.
Day 4: July 16th – Tuesday – Transfer to Les Orres
Today we transfer to the high southern Alps, near Gap and Embrun. This will position us perfectly to see two mountain stages in the coming days. Our hotel is in the ski village of Les Orres. We will either have a morning ride around Sault or an afternoon ride in Les Orres. Dinner is included at the hotel in Les Orres.
Day 5: July 17th – Wednesday – Embrun Loop Ride
We will do a loop ride in the area and scope out Embrun for the stage start in two days. Dinner is included at our hotel.
Day 6: July 18th – Thursday – Stage 18!
We finally see the peloton in person! The stage will start in Gap and finish near Barcellonette, and we will be viewing the stage near the finish. We get up the mountain early for stage viewing. Dinner is again included and at our hotel.
Day 7: July 19th – Friday – Stage 19 Start in Embrun
Another day! Another stage! We will ride to the stage start in Embrun, We’ll enjoy the rider sign-in, and watch them roll out. We can continue our ride and enjoy the great roads of the area. Dinner is included at the hotel in Les Orres.
Day 8: July 20th – Saturday – Stage 20 finish on the Col de la Couillole
Today we jump in the vans and ride up the “backside” of the Col de la Couillole, where the stage will be finishing. Once the stage is finished we will ride back down and take teh vans to Menton, the location of our next hotel. It’ll be a very long day, and dinner is in Menton when we roll in.
Day 9: July 21st – Sunday – Stage 21 Time Trial from Monaco to Nice
Today we will be crushing through the crowds of the time trial along the Mediterranean. Whether it is at the start in Monaco or at the finish in Nice, we’ll experience the TdF full-on! Dinner is on your own due to the crowds and busy day.
Day 10: July 22nd – Monday – Au Revoir!
Departure day! The Menton train station is a 12-minute walk from our hotel. You can easily catch a train to quickly take you back to the city you flew into or beyond! Bon voyage! We hope you enjoyed your tour with Outfitter Bicycle Tours!